Professional & Technical Services, Inc. (PTS) is seeking qualified individuals to serve our clients on a variety of civil construction projects. PTS is hiring CONSTRUCTION PROJECT / FIELD INSPECTORs for road, utility, drainage system, storm water compliance, management of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), site development, and other similar projects. Candidates having the following experience and/or technical knowledge are preferred:
- Construction / construction inspection experience on road, storm drain, water and sewer projects.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of erosion and sediment controls and skills to assess conditions on a construction site that could impact water quality.
- Familiarity with Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) storm water compliance program.
- Familiarity with Alaska Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (APDES) Construction General Permit (CGP).
- Familiarity with Municipality of Anchorage Standard Specifications (MASS).
- Possess a current Alaska Certified Erosion & Sediment Control Lead (AK-CESCL) certification or current Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) certification.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license
Responsibilities may include project construction inspection, managing SWPPP compliance for Municipal and State agencies, preparing daily inspection reports, maintaining project documents, coordinating materials testing, and communicating with contractors and the public. Individuals must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and demonstrate a basic understanding of the specifications and details of a given project. Some projects will involve working outside of Anchorage.
PTS has served Anchorage and other Alaskan communities since 1994. Based in Anchorage, PTS provides project management, civil engineering and surveying, specializing in roadway, drainage, utility, residential, and commercial development projects. For additional company information visit www.ptsincalaska.com.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, education, and skills, and great working environment.
Candidates should send resumes to one of the following:
Attn: Personnel Department
912 East 15th Avenue, Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99501
Fax: (907) 563-3813
PTS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or physical or mental disability.